Urban Currents tubing trips start at the Powers Island Park River access and end at the Paces Mill Park River access on the Chattahoochee River. This section of the Chattahoochee River is is approximately 3 miles long and can be floated in 3.5 hours on average. Tubing trips with Urban Currents put-on the Chattahoochee River Mondays-Fridays 9:30-3:30 and Saturdays & Sundays 9:00-4:00. Urban Currents would like to have everyone off the river by 6:30 pm. Here is a GPS friendly address to where the tubing trips meet/start from- 5820 Interstate North Parkway, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
There are two bridges that let you know where you are in your float:
- The first bridge, I-285, is approximately 100 yards into your trip.
- The second bridge is how you can tell you are at the end of your paddle, the I-75 bridge
The takeout is a well-marked concrete boat ramp 200 yards past the I-75 bridge on the right.
Your $25 per person rental includes the tube, life jacket and your shuttle ride. Kids 12 and under are only $15 per person. Group rates are available for groups of 15 or more people.
All tubing trips cost $25 per person – Click Here for Payment Options
- River tube, it is a 44″ Dual chambered inner tube with two handles, a backrest, and a cup holder.
- PFD (personal flotation device) or life jacket, this is a Coast Guard approved Type III PFD. We offer several different sizes for a custom fit.
- A shuttle in our clean bus back to the put-in.
- A completed waiver
- The ability to swim
- Payment is due in full before you can go tubing. Click Here for Payment Options
- A filled out waiver
- Water or some other beverage to stay Hydrated
- river shoes (something that goes around the heel, preferably not flip-flops, old tennis shoes work well),
- a towel to dry off with you get off the water, a bathing suit
- A big smile!!!
- All participants must be at least five years old.
- Tubing trips leave from Powers Island at 5820 Interstate North Parkway, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
- All tubing trips cost $25 per person. Payment is due in full before you can go tubing. Click Here for Payment Options
- IMPORTANT! All participants must be able to swim for any Urban Currents activity.
- Pets are allowed if they have a life jacket.
- You are responsible for your gear.
- Life jacket replacement $25
- The Chattahoochee’s current is slow where our trips are taken. To lose the gear on the Chattahoochee, one must literally stand there and watch their gear float away from them down the river at a slow pace.
- Pets not on a leash
- Illegal drugs
- Glass Containers (alcohol is legal, but Urban Currents does not condone drinking on the river)
- No Life Jacket (kids 12 and under must wear it – 13 and up must clip it to their tube)